The Silver Screen Cinema is an independent twin-screen cinema located in the historic Town Hall at the heart of Folkestone in Kent. Originally a site of Kent’s first film screenings in 1896, the upper levels of the Town Hall re-opened as the Silver Screen Cinema in 1990.
The Silver Screen Cinema is based in Folkestone Town Hall at the junction of Guildhall Street, Sandgate Road, and Rendezvous Street. Follow the signs to the Town Centre & Visitor Information. The cinema entrance is to the left of the main building entrance.
Our main auditorium has a classic design and seats 400 across two levels. The stalls have a capacity of 270, while the balcony has 130 seats, including a row of double seats at the back. Framed portraits of film stars from the past century are illuminated within the arches along the walls.
Our second auditorium seats 59 and is a mixed-use room with modern facilities in a historic setting, catering for film screenings and special events alike. Built as a courtroom and council chamber in 1905, the wooden panelled walls feature the names of Folkestone mayors from the past century.