[vc_empty_space height="10px"] a [vc_empty_space height="31px"]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consecte adipi. Suspendisse ultrices hendrerit a vitae vel a sodales. Ac lectus vel risus suscipit sit amet hendrerit a venenatis.
[vc_empty_space height="26px"]
12, Some Streeet, 12550 New York, USA [vc_empty_space height="4px"] (+44) 871.075.0336 [vc_empty_space height="4px"] silverscreen@edge-themes.com
[vc_empty_space height="16px"]
Links
[vc_empty_space height="6px"]
Follow Us
 

About Us

The Silver Screen Cinema is an independent twin-screen cinema located inside the historic Town Hall at the heart of Folkestone in Kent.

Originally a site of Kent’s first film screenings in 1896 and then a ‘Cinema De Luxe’ until 1912, occasional film shows continued at the Town Hall throughout the early 20th century. After closing in the 1970s, the upper levels finally re-opened as the Silver Screen Cinema in 1990.

To learn more, read about our history.

Contact Us

To get in touch, we recommend using our email contact form. You can also reply to your order confirmation email.

How to Find Us

The Silver Screen Cinema is inside Folkestone Town Hall at the junction of Guildhall Street, Sandgate Road, and Rendezvous Street. Follow the signs to the Town Centre & Visitor Information. The cinema entrance is to the left of the main building entrance.

For a map and directions, see our section on getting here.

what3words: ///internal.ideals.computer

Screen One

Originally built in 1860 as the town assembly hall, our main auditorium has a classic design and seats 379 across two levels. The stalls have a capacity of 248, while the balcony has 131 seats, including a row of double seats at the back. The seating was refurbished in 2023 to improve comfort. Framed portraits of film stars from the past century are illuminated within the arches along the walls.

Screen Two

Our second auditorium seats 59 and is a mixed-use room with modern facilities in a historic setting, catering for film screenings and special events alike. Built as a courtroom and council chamber in 1905, the wooden panelled walls list Folkestone mayors from the past century. The room was refurbished by Folkestone Town Council in 2016.